Why Choose McLennan for LED Lights Installation Services?
McLennan Electrical Services offers a range of unique intelligent lighting solutions. These solutions enable you to significantly reduce your energy bills.
We can design, install and maintain bespoke lighting solutions designed with the highest energy saving capability to create substantial savings in your business.
All commercial and industrial premises are unique, not just in size and location but in operating hours, occupancy and so much more. McLennan Electrical Services understand this and is able to tailor a completely bespoke solution to your unique needs.
We offer amazing UK designed and made sensors that are specially created to work exclusively with our lighting solutions. These sensors can get do to controlling individual lights to utilise the most energy and light efficient option for the time of day, use of the space it is illuminating and much more. We did say they are intelligent!
8 Important considerations why you should opt for LED lighting over traditional HID and fluorescent
- Long life, low maintenance cost - LED lifespan can be over 50,000 hours with consistent light output. If used for 10 hours every day the lifespan could exceed 10 years, offering savings through reduced maintenance costs.
- Extended lumen maintenance - HID and Fluorescent lamps have a far shorter life with higher lumen depreciation meaning lamp changes have to be made far more frequently (as often as every 9 months for HID) in order to maintain the required light level.
- Fully dimmable - Being able to fully dim LEDs makes for greater energy savings and extended lifetime as well as operating in conjunction with sensor controls.
- Glass and mercury free - Unlike fluorescent and HID lamps, LEDs have no brittle glass casing. This combined with being mercury free makes them the ideal choice for food safe environments where contamination must be avoided.
- Rugged durability and reliability - LED lights have no fragile filament or tube. They are generally more resistant to cold temperatures and shock, relative to HID and fluorescent lamps.
- Flicker free operation - Switch start and discharge luminaires exhibit flicker whilst in operation. This stroboscopic effect can be dangerous in areas with moving or rotating machinery and can also trigger epilepsy. LEDs operate with no flicker.
- No UV or IR - LEDs produce no Ultraviolet or Infrared which offers wider application potential.
- Instant light - LEDs have no ‘run-up’ period or re-strike delay which can occur with HID lighting. Unlike fluorescent and HID lamps, LEDs are not affected by switching. Therefore, regardless of switching cycles LED life will remain the same.
Energy Saving Lighting Solutions for Warehousing and Logistics
What energy saving lighting options are there for Warehousing and Logistics environments?
Warehousing typically has large areas with low foot fall, traditional lighting installations operating continuously can therefore be wasteful, the integration of sensor controls within luminaires that can turn off or dim the lighting in periods of absence offers significant energy savings.
Many warehouses are installed with skylights to allow natural daylight into the area, however luminaires are often not sensor controlled to take advantage of this and therefore run at full output during daylight hours. The integration of daylight sensors to dim luminaires in conjunction with natural daylight contribution can greatly reduce energy consumption.
Traditionally high level warehousing has been installed with Sodium or Metal Halide High Intensity Discharge sources. These luminaires consume significantly more energy than T5 or LED Lighting solutions; therefore replacement with these modern sources can provide energy savings even without the use of sensor controls.
For optimum savings the integration of all three solutions above, LED energy saving lighting, presence detection and daylight regulation sensors will provide the maximum energy savings and return on investment.
Call us to discuss your requirements on 01925 766 044
We offer a full range of electrical services, from one-off jobs to complete projects and through to service and maintenance. View our other electrical services, learn more about our service plans or find out about our Design, Install and Maintain process.
GET YOUR FAST QUOTE
"We had a very tight deadline, with a number of key challenges to overcome, McLennan’s knowledge and flexibility throughout the project was pivotal to its success. This new facility will ensure Eddie Stobart are at the forefront of multi-modal logistics in the UK"
~ Neale Burdon, Head of Facilities, Eddie Stobart
"It has been a pleasure to work with McLennan Electrical over the last few years. They have always been very responsive pre-order and have followed this positive aspect right through the actual installation process and onto the post build support."
~ Bert Willow, Director, Butler & Willow Limited
"McLennans are a first class quality supplier and an established partner for S + B UK delivering electrical solutions to our business needs."
~ Jim Burgess, Operations Manager, S + B UK LTD
"Hyvauk ltd have a long standing relationship of some 25+ years with McLennans and have always had good reliable service, I had no doubts in appointing them as the electrical contractor to assist us in our recent site relocation. McLennans worked alongside us in the demanding schedule and met their targets on time and within budget."
~ Tony Davies, Managing Director, Hyva UK Ltd
"Our operation demands a precise and reactive service. We have selected McLennan Group due to their high levels of service and cost effective solutions. Their attention to detail, workmanship and dedication is second to none.”
~ Colin Brown, Laser & Mailing Production Manager, MBA Group