The last thing you want in your commercial property is any kind of electrical outage or fire due to shoddy electrical work. Whether it’s repairing faulty electrical wiring or installing new electrical work, or carrying out preventive electrical works, it’s important to ensure that you hire a qualified and trusted commercial electric contractor to install or fix electrical faults in your premise.
Electricians are professionals who have the necessary training and understand that electric work can be dangerous.
There are simple tasks that you can do on your own; however, complex and larger jobs require a qualified electric contractor. Hiring a reputable contractor can help prevent electrical fires, ensure systems do not trip or shut down intermittently and that your electric system is easily expandable in the future.
Tips on hiring the best Commercial electric contractor
Below are important factors to consider in ensuring that you only choose the best from the many electric contractors around
1. Licensing- Electric contractors are required to have licensing before they can operate. Make sure that the electrician you choose has the required licensing. Don’t just take their word for it, always inquire to see the license to ensure that it’s genuine and provided by the required authority. Licensed contractors have met several set standards and have been approved to provide commercial electric services.
2. Experience- Experience is important when hiring any professional. An experienced contractor will guarantee quality work, in addition, you can rest assured that the job will be safely and professionally done. Ideally, choose a commercial electric contractor with over three years providing commercial electric services. While any electrician can do wiring and provide electric work, hiring a contractor who has experience in commercial electric projects will guarantee a higher level of skill and experience.
3. Pricing- Different contractors charge differently. Get quotes from different electricians; compare their pricing before choosing appropriately. While shopping around, take note of overly cheap or expensive contractors. The price will vary depending on where the contractor is located, experience, type of project you want etc. Electric contractors in big cities are likely to charge higher than contractors in a smaller city. Compare price Vs services before making your decision
4. Reputation- Word of mouth is among the best ways of ensuring the electrician you choose is genuine and reputable. Ask your friends and relatives to refer you to some of the reputable electricians they have used in the past.
5. Accreditation- Electricians who are members of related organizations adhere to strict ethical and quality standards. Inquire whether an electrician is accredited before engaging their services.
6. Previous works and references- As mentioned above, electrical projects are sensitive and only require that you hire the best to ensure that safety standards are followed through throughout the project. With this in mind, always inquire about the contractors previous commercial projects. Ask for references to some of the electricians most recent clients related to your specific project. Call and check all the references before making your decision. References are the best source of reliable and trustworthy feedback about the contractor’s performance and quality of work.
When hiring a commercial electric contractor, doing your homework can go a long way in ensuring that you choose a professional who will perform their duties properly, efficiently and safely.